As a construction lawyer in Charleston, South Carolina, Reynolds Blankenship of RHB Law Firm has represented owners, developers, large construction companies, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, suppliers, homeowners, and homeowners’ associations in construction and development litigation in courts throughout South Carolina, from the Lowcountry (Charleston, Dorchester, and Berkeley), to the Midlands (Columbia, Lexington), to the Upstate (Greenville, Anderson).
Construction litigation can be complex, long-lasting, and expensive. RHB Law Firm works with clients to maneuver as efficiently as possible through the process. We recognize that important business relationships may be involved, and are sensitive to that in our dealings with opposing parties and their lawyers. You want to wrap up your dispute with a positive result, but with your business relationships and reputation intact.
Mr. Blankenship’s construction and development litigation cases have included:
- Mechanic’s liens
- Bond claims
- Construction defect claims
- Construction vibration claims
- Contractor disputes
- Home Builder disputes
- Design defect claims
- Payment disputes
- Scheduling claims
- Engineering malpractice claims
- Contractors’ Licensing issues
Significant Current and Recent Cases
- Represent large out-of-state site work contractor in complex multi-party payment and construction defect litigation related to apartment complex development in Dorchester County, SC, involving more than $1 million in total claims
- Obtained summary judgment for national horizontal directional driller (HDD) sued in multi-party construction defect case in Dorchester County, SC involving more than $600,000 damages claimed.
- Represent international shoring company in construction vibration case in Lexington County, SC brought by homeowners claiming more than $800,000 in damages to historic home
- Represented underground utility contractor and subcontractor in premises liability action brought in Anderson County, SC by resident alleging personal injury from construction defects, involving more than $100,000 in claimed damages
- Represented contractor in construction vibration case in Charleston County, SC brought by owner of commercial building in connection with Highway I-26 widening project, involving more than $500,000 in claimed damages
- Represented homeowner in Richland County, SC in lawsuit against foundation repair company for failure to repair and actually causing additional damage to the home, involving more than $40,000 in claimed damages
- Represented out-of-state site work contractor in construction vibration case in Charleston County, SC brought by residential homeowners adjacent to new home development, involving more than $60,000 in claimed damages
* This listing of representations is not intended to suggest or indicate any results in past or future cases, but rather is intended only to inform you of the scope of matters in which Reynolds H. Blankenship, Jr. has recently represented and continues to represent valued clients.
You are here because you need a construction lawyer, so let’s get started. Call or email us at RHB Law Firm, LLC and we will work together to get you what you need. The first thing that we will do is discuss your case, your needs, and your goals. We will develop a plan together to achieve the best resolution available.